Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 3, Dollywood!

...
We weren't sure what to expect for "Opening day" of the Dollywood season. Most kids are out on Spring Break NEXT week.

They continue to surprise me, all the kids meet the "height requirements" and love the roller coasters, and I say... go for it. I'll watch from the ground! We never seem to get here when it's "warm enough" for them to enjoy the water park. One of these days... gonna happen!


In years past, we've stopped at the "Dixie Stampede" which is great, but just not this year, AND, if you go, come hungry. Everyone gets a meal and it is HUGE. I now know why, the local food banks set up out side, waiting for donations. There shouldn't be anyone hungry in that part of town, with that much food going back. Let me make sure I get the title straight, too. It's "Dolly Parton's Dixie Stamped dinner attraction." Remind you a little of our "Memphis in May World Championship Bar-B-Que cooking contest?" lol