Friday, February 19, 2010

one week later

...
It's been a busy, busy week here in Mid-South. Snow, ice, me not feeling 100%. I'm tired and run down and looking forward to the break the weekend promises.

Tiger is making his little speech as I'm writing this.

It's a step. I hope he backs up his words with his actions now. Can you imagine the spot light this guy is going to be under for the next 10 years? Photogs looking for the opportunity to catch him even "looking" at another woman the wrong way. You thought he was a "private person" before. We are talking about serious recluse in the future.

What do they say about building someone up, only to knock them down?

I envision my children reading dozens of years from now, only time will tell whether Tiger was able to recover. My bet would be, recover, and stronger than ever 10 years from now.

But like those base ball players who broke records, and have an " * " by their name because of performance enhancing drugs, Tiger will have an invisible asterik, that may well be forgotten.

Anyway, a slice of americana. He's on the road to recovery. I'm sure sponsors are going to be lining up to jump back on board in about 6-12 months.

But that's just me. I hope this is more about him, and not the $$. Let's be honest, there is a serious amount of money, likely in the BILLIONS here, on the line with this guy.