Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday, break time

...
Wow, what a week here in the Memphis "Mid-South" area, with some crazy weather.

We started with a freakish, surprise Snow Storm early Monday morning that dropped 6-8" of snow in the metro, closed every school and business within 100 miles.

Then it started raining... turn a perfect, fluffy, delicate snow, into mush. You had about 5 hours to enjoy the beauty, then the rain.

It was worth it... some of the most delicate, beautiful snow I've seen in a long time. Some of it is still on the ground, almost a week later, but not nearly as pretty as the day it fell.

Perfect for snow balls and snowmen, we received more than 400 pictures from viewers sharing their fun in the snow with family and friends and animals alike.


Then this morning (Friday 2/12) Another storm, but this one was well south and hammered Central Mississippi around Jackson with about 4-6 inches of snow. We saw this one coming a bit more.

All week long, after 4, 5 and even 6 hour shows, some that started at 4am and didn't end til 10, I'm worn down, feel like I'm catching a cold, and am looking forward to some serious rest this weekend. I had a "Feel Good" afternoon as Lifeblood allowed me the honor to MC their annual "Volunteer Awards" banquet at the East Memphis Hilton. We had a good time.


Now, guess what...? Another storm is brewing for Sunday night and Monday morning, I don't see more than an inch or two out of it, but being that it will be on a Monday morning, we'll be ready in full "school closing" mode, I'm sure.

Likely an early wake up call... hope the Daytona 500 doesn't go on too late, I'll need to get some rest.