Monday, March 22, 2010

Stormy Monday

...
Okay... not stormy, but interesting... a cold rain and at times rains/snow mix moving out quickly across the Mid-South... First week of spring... looking a whole lot better.

Learned something new about myself over the weekend. I'm not a hockey fan. I tried, I really tried. I went to our Riverkings over the weekend, and the action on the ice was fun and great... but you know what got the greatest attention from the audience? The fights. See, that's fine for you if you love that kind of thing, but it's blatant, almost "wrestling like" where the refs allow it, and then break it up before it gets out of hand. It's just not for me, and I'm not going to bring my kids back to watch it either. Sorry. I wish them the best of luck, and for hockey fans to continue to support our local team, they're called the "Mississippi Riverkings" and they play at the "Ice Palace" which is at the DeSoto County Civic Center. The hosts of the Riverkings couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating. They are great.

So, maybe you've learned something new about me. I don't care to watch fights, or violence for that matter.
Here I am on the jumbo tron doing the weather at Riverkings

We just did a story about a nanny roughing up a toddler. The parents were pressing charges. I couldn't watch it. I didn't want to watch it. Oh, and those UFC or what ever cage match fighters where they try to beat the living crap out of each other. Pass. I have to change the channel when their commercials come on. I don't want my kids watching that either.

Looking forward to a couple of days off later this week. Be well.