...
It's a Friday, I tell you that as I believe my mood (probably like yours as well) changes as the week progresses. As in, my view, my take on the world and life may be different on a Monday as opposed to a Friday. I'm sure the weather has something to do with it as well. Yesterday could not of been any better. Today, cloudy, cooler, rainy, wet. The weather patterns for the Mid-South are changing. I can feel it, it's 24 years of reporting the weather here.
Was off yesterday, (Thursday) and the weather was spectacular. Joined Jeremy from the station for a presentation of "Teacher of the week" at Whitehaven Elementary. Jeremy is an amazing photographer/editor. He even has his own movie out. It's gone global, it's a horror film, so I'll likely never see it, but I know he does great work and its always a treat to work with him. I was also most impressed with the school and their "check in system" which is now computerized. I'm surprised the kids at my school don't have that.
Tonight my friend Henry (Rothenberg) is supposed to take me to a Grizzlies game, I'm sure I'll share with you my adventure, tomorrow its the "Southern Women's Show" at the agri-center, come by and say hello. Ask to get a picture with me. I have a new website that I'm hoping will catch on:
It's called "See me, Stop me" and it's designed to share with everyone, the folks that "Team Daybreak" run into on a daily basis. So if you encounter me, Kris, Markova, Corie, Candace or Melissa... just say: "Hey! See me, Stop me! lets get a picture." It's an "immediate" photo drop for us, right into the website. Then you can share it with your friends as you so desire.
Guess who's been going to the chiropractor? Okay, that was an easy one. Me. Dr. Don is helping me with my "stiff neck," with adjustments, and exercise and kind words. They are out in the "Cordova/Trinity Commons" area, so it's quite a haul for me, but not that bad when I make the travel for "on my way home" from work. Here's hoping that exercise helps with the depression as well.
Technology continues to amaze me, and I don't even have the iPhone yet. Just the ability to communicate via blogs, facebook, PDA's. Let's see, I have a Twitter account, which doesn't get as much attention as it used to, a Facebook account, which I check daily, THIS blog, the "Seen on Daybreak" blog, and now the "See me, Stop me" blog... the crazy thing? I can update each of these, either together, or individually from my cell phone with a text message or picture message. Talk about rapid communication! Okay, okay, for those of you laughing at me, saying: "I've been doing this for years..." so be it. I'm a bit behind the curve.
I hate to whine. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm a Taurus. By nature, when sick, Taurians go curl up in a ball and hide in a cave until they are better. I'm not sure if it's a cold returning or allergies. My little Stevie, Kris and his kids and now me, we've all be "jumped" by something, that I don't think is allergies. It's just no fun being sick. Especially when it affects my voice. Draining, raspy. Don't like it. Should have called in sick today, but usually I reserve that for "loss of limb" or something akin in seriousness of nature.
