Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Staying positive

...
It is becoming more and more difficult "not" to be cynical in this world. This latest story with the little 5-year old girl in North Carolina, apparently her mother sold her into something unspeakable. She's dead now.

Two teachers in the county I live are now accused of abusing their power and with more unspeakable things with minors. One worked at a school that hits too close to home.

In the news this morning a teacher in Georgia allegedly put out a "hit" on a student, of course, his lawyer says it was just a joke.

Then the unfinished resolution to the Somer Thompson case in my hometown of Orange Park.

How about that guy who supposedly raped and killed and buried his victims in his home and yard.

Sometimes, it's just more than I can handle. Do I just keep my kids from watching anything but Hannah and Sponge-bob? I don't want them watching the news, the questions they ask will be too difficult to answer. What do you tell them?

What is this world coming to? What happens in our society that create these monsters?

It's all too much to ignore, but I try, for my own sanity.

Being in the news business, one is surrounded by this stink on a daily basis.

Some days, I can't wait to get home and clean up, with hugs from my children.